To enhance the quality of life for people with developmental disabilities and their families by providing support though advocacy, education and sharing information.
Kitsap County Parent Coalition Activities
- Monthly Meetings-Speakers, Special Topics, Legislative and Special Education
- Bi Monthly newsletter-Local meeting and training
information, Legislative updates and current information on services
- Volunteer Advocates are available to assist parents with Special Education Issues
- Information and mentoring
of parents of adult children with developmental disabilities
- Monthly Advisory
- Work Shop and training opportunities
Kitsap County Parent Coalition Coordinator Activities
- Provides leadership and works as a liaison for parents with community groups, policy makers, legislators, stakeholders and the Kitsap County DD Advisory Board.
- Provides education, support and advocacy related to Individual Educations Plans [IEPs] and 504 plans.
- Provides leadership, empathy, and facilitation of people with developmental disabilities.
- We Maintain a resource library with DVDs, Videos, Books and curriculum for people with developmental disabilities , family members and providers. [List will be on line soon]
Kitsap County Resource Guile on line Soon
kitsdap County Parent Coalition